A hotel chain that has extended a stay ban to Las Vegas for nearly a week will be allowed to reopen, the company said Thursday.
The decision comes after the resort announced earlier this week that it would extend its stay ban through Friday at least until April 3, the same day the Trump administration signed an executive order barring federal funding for the resort.
The hotel chain announced Thursday that it will reopen to the public at 8 a.m.
Eastern time Friday, the day before the ban ends.
“We will work with local authorities and hotel guests to ensure the safety of everyone involved, and remain vigilant in the event that we experience an emergency.” “
While the Las Vegas ban will end at the end of April, we will continue to work to provide our guests with a safe, enjoyable, and memorable stay, as well as our partners, and will continue our commitment to work with our partners to ensure our guests feel confident and safe,” said the spokesperson.
“We will work with local authorities and hotel guests to ensure the safety of everyone involved, and remain vigilant in the event that we experience an emergency.”
The ban was extended to Las Angeles County for nearly two weeks until the end in March, and to Las Virgenes County in California, which also banned hotels from staying at the hotel chain for one month.
The order was signed by the President Donald Trump.
The travel ban, which was originally set to expire on April 16, will continue until Congress acts on a new order.
The president’s executive order temporarily blocked the use of federal funds for any of the city of Las Vegas, MGM Resorts International and the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
He has said that if Congress does not act on a temporary travel ban he will issue a new one.
The ban also impacted about 20 states and the District of Columbia, but only affected the travel of citizens and residents of those states.
The government will not be issuing visas for residents of the affected states, according to the Department of Homeland Security.
The federal government will continue issuing visas to foreign nationals living in the affected areas of the United States, the department said.
The Federal Aviation Administration and Department of State are continuing to process visas for foreign nationals who are in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. State Department said.
Marriotts extended stay ban was first announced last week, but the travel ban was not enforced until March.
The resort has said the ban has had a positive impact on guests.
“Travelers returning from Las Vegas were able to continue enjoying their stay in the world class hotel while they enjoyed the resort’s diverse culture and the hospitality of our local hospitality team,” the company wrote in a statement Thursday.
“The resort is grateful to its loyal guests and we wish them all the best in their future stays.”